Menu
fp30
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unreliable and intermittant wifi issues

Over the past few weeks the internet has been really unreliable with frequent stability issues. I'm on the 100Mb package but I am usually getting 50 - 60M instead. When I run the speed test I usually have stability scores around 60% which seems low.

When I reboot the router the speed usually returns to normal for a short while before dropping back down and becoming unstable again.

fp30
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable and intermittant wifi issues

I wrote the post after having just rebooted the router and I just had to reboot it again less than 10 minutes later after the internet just completely died.
fp30
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Bump. Anyone?

0 Kudos
Libraschld
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Having exactly the same problems... !!!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get when wired?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
fp30
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wired tends to be better usually get 60 - 100meg on wired. Wireless is poor though. I dont think it's a range or signal quality thing though because even stood right next to the router the speed is poor over wifi. Eg right now wired im getting 85meg average and wifi its 20meg.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Depends also on which frequency you are connecting on. 2.4 will never get close to 100.

For example, my Macbook Air and iPhone7 both get 220mbps on my Vivid200 wifi connection - but only when I put them onto the 5GHz network. Sat in the same spot if I then flick them over to the 2.4GHz network, they max out at 70-80mbps - it's just the limitations of the technology!

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SimpleSi1983
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Guys, Having the same issue over the last few weeks, paying for 200Mb Package and my speed test has returned with an incredible 0.08Mbps download and 6.70Mbps upload 🤣, it's faster working of my mobile data. Checked my area and no issues 🤔

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You need to start your own thread and post more details on your connection type, equipment, etc

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Then it looks like a wireless issue if the wired connection gets the full speeds 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos