Menu
paul97
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unreliable Broadband

Hi 

Hopefully someone can help with my broadband. I am on a HUB3 on 200gb package. Several times a day my speed will drop to between 5-10mb/sec when I should be getting 200. 

I have tried several power cycles and the pinhole reset and there is no change. I am having to do this post on 4g as the page wouldn’t load on the WiFi. the problem exists for devices connected via both wireless and cat5 cable. 

What info do you need in order for someone to take a look at this for me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable Broadband

Do you mean Cat5 cable? If so - that's not good enough (only rated up to 100mbps) and is probably >10 years old and will need replacing. Cat5e will suffice but Cat6 has better shielding from interference so is the one to go for.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
paul97
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable Broadband

Hi

Thanks for the input but it doesn’t solve my issue. The problem is not down to a dodgy cable. When the speed drops it’s across the entire network both wired and wireless. Also the speed drops to 5-10mbs well within the capabilities of CAT5.  

I have however ordered a pack of CAT6 cables to give me a job to do on lockdown 👍🏼

0 Kudos