Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unacceptably Slow Speeds

As with many other people here I'm getting incredibly slow broadband speeds at the moment.

I've had the M350 package for a couple of years now and have never managed to get anywhere near those speeds but today is just a joke:

0.7Mbps download | 3.89Mbps upload0.7Mbps download | 3.89Mbps upload

The online help takes me round in a loop and the only advice offered is to restart my router (done that several times) or check my WiFi signal with the app (apparently it's "Great").

My account reports "No Faults" which given the number of posts on this topic is laughable.

Would appreciate some helpful insight if anyone has any as to how this can be improved.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unacceptably Slow Speeds

You need to speedtest when wired to the hub from a gigabit-enabled device using a CAT5e/6/7 cable.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unacceptably Slow Speeds

Hi,

Send me a PM with your Account Number and Area Reference and I'll look into this for you.

To send me a Private Message just simply click the link below:

Click Here

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos