Menu
jdp777
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unacceptable Service

Hello, I really don't understand Virgin these days. I got charged a lot of money for a home tv upgrade kit which I accepted and installed myself, which included my net speed going from 100mbps to 300mbps - and yes I understand that WiFi gives varying results by default, and that you never get the full speed paid for, but I would expect my speed to be greater than 40-50mbps.

The router wasn't changed, the cabling for the broadband wasn't changed, all that should have happened is Virgin side in terms of the broadband upgrade. Nothing has changed, if anything it has gotten worse and I find that ridiculous and unacceptable for Virgin to take my money and fail to provide the service. I work from home currently so I need a reliable broadband. Given the challenges in world, I get things will be unusual, I totally appreciate the stresses on services, but you can't take customers money and not provide the service in a reasonable ball park to what has been paid for no matter the external challenges. I could use that money for better things during this difficult time but I trusted Virgin to deliver so invested in the upgrade. What a mistake that seems. And yes I have reset the router, reset laptop, iPad and so on, and the speed remains the same. My speed test results are based on closest Virgin server to my location but have tried alternative and same result. Everything is working but the speed is no where near a range that someone paying for 300mbps would find remotely reasonable or acceptable. I am essentially paying for 250 missing mbps currently. I am beginning to think I've been charged the money but not been given the broadband upgrade on my account if honest. 

Maybe someone can help me cause I'm out of ideas and out of patience at this point. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unacceptable Service

it depends on the wireless hardware you are using.

What speed do you get when wired
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unacceptable Service

Wi-Fi speeds aren’t guaranteed and as such as not advertised as being so.

What speeds do you get when wired direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos