Menu
EalingSnitches
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to stream, no upload!

Hello everyone,

My internet has been down for a little over a week now, and I'm talking specifically about upload. Download works just dandy, but if I want to make money and livestream (I do so through OBS Studio) I can't get off the ground. We're talking big fat frame drops and a connection to the Twitch servers which is more unstable than my mental health right now.

I've been told the job will be completed by the 30th, which was then pushed back to the 2nd, and now the 4th. All this, of course, is an estimation. But a WEEK with no job/money is a scary, scary thing.

My area code is: 21
Fault reference number is: F009049818

To tell you the truth, I've been given every bit of advice out there and before you suggest checking the connections, restarting the router and all that, I've done so. Many, many times. I've been on calls with endless customer representatives and I think we can all agree that listening to someone melt you with canned responses over the phone in a busy call center is far from bearable. I'm here instead, hoping for some inside info. The engineers out there who know what this could be. I just want to know what kind of issue could be causing an outage in specifically my capability to upload, and nothing else. Help a guy out, I'm on the edge of my tether here, and until this thing is up and running, I'm severely out of pocket. 

Hugs and kisses,

PS, the images below include the result from testing on the Virgin website, and the Ookla results I get, which don't correlate to what's actually happening in terms of upload efficiency.

JIM ❤️
mediaexample.pngspeedstest.png

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to stream, no upload!

If there is a known fault there is nothing you can do until its fixed. There is no SLA for fix times on a Residential package - if you are running a business (you said you want to "make money") you need to be on a Business package that does have an SLA.

Only thing you can do until then is get yourself a decent backup option (4G/5G SIM, Cheap OR connection- for example).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to stream, no upload!

Hi EalingSnitches,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm really sorry that there's currently an outage in your area, I can completely understand your frustration.

I haven't been able to locate your account using your Forum details. I'm just going to send you a Private Message to confirm some details, and then I can look into things for you.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos