Menu
Rebarron
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ultra low speed

Hi everyone,  just had the 200mb installed and two days later still getting 1 to 1.5 mb download speeds .5 uploads and 19ms ping, not over WiFi all ethernet cable , virgins response is to send a new router that tests the line 5 times a day and reports to them for the 30 days after it arives!

If not the modem then surely it must be a faulty cabel in the street or bad connection,  anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultra low speed

Might be best to wait until you have installed the new router and take it from there 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
0 Kudos
Rebarron
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hoping it's the router but just wondering if anyone else had same issue for the start?

Rebarron
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just had a lovely conversation with Shannon at virgin, said the tracking router would have been her last resort,  she ran some tests over the web and is going to ring back tomorrow when I'm home to do some more, but she said probably going to send engineer to look at the line from the house to the street and beyond as looks like my equipment is ok

Fingers crossed 

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rebarron,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Very sorry to hear you've had some issues with your Internet.

Great to hear we've got an engineer on the way, please let us know how this goes.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Rebarron
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep but only after another hour on hold after being constantly cut off after being told you are closed by the automated system, after your agent Shannon did not call me back at all, not what I expect to be honest and the chap I then spoke to had me do all the checks again to no avail, then told me to ring back Saturday evening and will look further in to it once updates applied......finally spoke to a guy on the "I'm leaving virgin " line as no one else was "open" he just booked an engineer on the spot after looking at my note, going to name my first born after him!

0 Kudos