cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate oomph to volt

Wizard71
Joining in

Hi all, have spoken to customer service about getting my 600m up to 1 gig as part of my ultimate oomph.

They want £16 extra a month for the speed upgrade, plus another £25 a month to give me a new sim card, which means id have to faff about changing the number over (if thats even possible) on my currently free sim to the new 02 one just for the pleasure of paying £25 a month extra. 

This just seems like the most terrible deal on the planet to me, as well as paying £35 for another router.

One customer service  guy suggested i get a sim contract with 02 for £10 a month, stay on oomph and register for the free speed upgrade through my 'new' 02 account....but why should i need to do that to get the speed upgrade? I get that oomph is no longer available and you have to change it to volt, but why the massive additional cost when quoted by virgin? Just seems like a big mess to me. 

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Wizard71 Just seems like a big mess to me

When you've just signed a mega-merger agreement, and told your investors of the VAST potential for cross selling and merger savings, they expect you to provide evidence that the two companies customer bases are merging.  In the short term VMO2's two operating businesses are stuck on totally different IT systems, and have customers all signed up to completely different T&Cs, and VM probably have certain legal obligations to keep running VM Mobile across the Vodafone infrastructure for another few years. So a genuine merger of operations, systems and customer service is years away yet.

Volt fills the gap and is a very good offer: if people sign up it shows the investors that the merger is delivering results, it creates a very attractive offer for those customers, and it helps make it less attractive for either VM or O2 customers to switch supplier and then lose the Volt benefits, even for a nominally cheaper deal elsewhere.  There's reasons for not making the offer open to Virgin Media Mobile customers, in that VM no longer want that as a separate business any more (with half the money being paid to Vodafone), and they'd rather customers quietly left, but only if joining O2. 

I'd say don't look a gift horse in the mouth, sign up for Volt.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this a few days ago, VM retentions tried to upgrade me from Ultimate Oomph to give me the speed boost, I was eligible for the speed boost for being an o2 customer FOC. I had to argue with retention's 4 times before they admitted they can just volt the account without upgrading. After that price stayed the same (£70 a month)

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Wizard71,

Our records show that you have since been able to get tings sorted by our phone cre team. Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C