Menu
Rankrotten
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Oomph - M350 instead of M500

Upgraded about six weeks ago to the Ultimate Oomph bundle but was told as my area was not yet enabled for 500 I would stay on M350 until the work was done. Postcode checker now shows the street as M500 ready and have tried to speak to agents on the phone to send the 500 config file to my Hub with little success. Not sure they understood what I was asking for. Still got a 350 config file after several reboots in the past day or so.

Can anyone here help?

vm.jpg

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ultimate Oomph - M350 instead of M500

From my understanding you'd still need to call in and ask to be put on the 500 as I'm positive your bill would be saying M350 right now and not M500, they'd need to upgrade your account on-call as it's not just sending the config but actually updating your services. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Rankrotten
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have done that and my account is now showing as M500 but still awaiting the uplift to be sent to my Hub 3.0

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hopefully the VM staff patrolling the forum can resolve this for you.  If not, phone 150 and select options for "upgrade my package".  That way you will be speaking to decent UK based staff, not the offshore tech unsupport clowns, and if you start by explaining that you think you need to downgrade your package as you're paying for a service you're still not getting they'll get the message.  If they tell you you do need to speak to the offshore tech support guys, don't let them because they're just fobbing you off (VM management and employees know full well how third rate the offshore tech support is), instead just ask to be transferred to the VM Complaints team.

The UK staff can get your config file updated in a couple of minutes, it doesn't involve any of the offshore lot.

But be aware that the postcode checker may not be accurate - just because it says (pre-contract) that VM offer 500 Mbps, it doesn't mean that capability is actually live.  Trailing something you want to sell but don't yet have in stock is perfectly normal and fairly legitimate in all fields of retailing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rankrotten
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all, got it to work eventually by switching from modem mode back to router mode then back again and letting the Hub sit unpowered for 20 minutes inbetween. 

UK call centre said that its usually fairly quick but in some instances can take up to 24 hours for any change to be sent out, mine took 48 hours to stick.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rankrotten,

Thanks for your post, 

I've double checked everything from our side and your hub is showing as the 500 now 🙂 Give us a shout if you have any other issues.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Telbert
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to gatecrash this thread 🙂 

Can you only get M500 as part of the ooomp bundle or could i get it as a stand alone?

thank you 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Only as the bundle

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos