Menu
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trying to upgrade broadband from 360Mb to 500Mb

B235AD8C-10BB-4D37-BF70-F82E7D878C17.png

Hoping a vm staff member can help!.

I heard on another site that virgin are changing their speeds for just broadband customers at the end of june meaning that single bb users can now have the 500Mb speed with out adding TV or the oomph bundle now that it’s July it now states 500Mb is now available. So by calling first thing this morning (ended up with India call centre) I’m told no you need to have the oomph bundle! . I then pointed out it’s now changed and it clearly states that on the website, I was past over to a second agent to then be cut off. 😡

I would upgrade on line but that’s not possible as it shows tv and phone deals.. that’s not what I’m after.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to upgrade broadband from 360Mb to 500Mb

Can't help with your request, but the day to day benefit of moving from 350 to 500 Mbps is going to be imperceptible for most users. 

I would accept that you may not fit the category "most users", but worth a thought if you're not a web developer or video editor or have other interests that regularly max-out a connection.  It is of course your money and your choice, but if you're still inclined to go ahead, it is worth running a Broadband Quality Monitor to check there's no signs of capacity issues in your area, otherwise you may end up paying for higher speeds that you rarely see.  I also assume that speed tests routinely show that you're getting 350 Mbps on your current contract?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Forum staff cannot help with account issues here.

You'll need to call in.

500Mbps is also perfectly feasible, despite the above comments, if you have a lot of devices and therefore require the bandwidth.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lol yes I do currently at 42 devices 

0 Kudos