Menu
user4325
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel within 14 days but Virgin Media claim I need a password

I am trying to cancel within 14 days but when I called up the customer service said there is a password on the account, so they can't action the cancellation without authenticating with the password. They are unable to authenticate me any other way because no bills have come off. They then said they will post me the password in a few days, which I have not received. 

I am on my last day of 14 days cooling off period and waiting on hold to cancel my account, I assume they will come out with the same password non sense. I have never set up a password on the account when I signed up online. So I don't know what password they are asking for. 

Is there any way you can help me cancel my account on here, I live alone, it seems a bit ridiculous that I need to authenticate with a password that I don't have and that they have not sent me in order to cancel. They also refused to give me a reference number for the case because "they can't create a case without the password".

edit: just managed to get through, this time they decided to cancel it without the need for a password. So yay, looks to be cancelling now. 

If you can email me when you stop restricting encrypted traffic to 5 mbyte a second, i will be happy to sign up. 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel within 14 days but Virgin Media claim I need a password

Hello user4325

Sorry to hear of the problems cancelling your services, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Account security is paramount to us here at Virgin Media, during the initial call a password is set up on all accounts. This is to ensure we're always only discussing details or information with the account holder or someone who has authority to discuss the account.

We appreciate that a password is required for just about everything these days and it might be some time before our customers need to speak to us and they may forget their password, This why we are able to ask additional security questions to the account holder.

Although we're sad to see you leave, we wish you all the best with your new provider.

Rob

0 Kudos