Menu
paulinejones6
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box on the slow

My Tivo box seems to be on a go slow and getting slower as the months progress.

I have loads of memory left and all batteries changed in the remote.  My broadband speed is fine.

When trying to access things like iPlayer, I get the spinning wheel of death and sometimes it just doesn't connect or keeps freezing and takes time to catch-up.  Also sound somethings goes when changing channel.

I also have a nowtv box and iPlayer is super quick on that, so I know its not wifi connection.

I just think the box is old and on its way out.  Any thoughts anyone.........

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box on the slow

Switch the Tivo off for 5 minutes then back on again.

Ensure that the co-ax cable going into the Tivo is securely finger tight connected.

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@paulinejones6 wrote:

My Tivo box seems to be on a go slow and getting slower as the months progress.

I have loads of memory left and all batteries changed in the remote.  My broadband speed is fine.

When trying to access things like iPlayer, I get the spinning wheel of death and sometimes it just doesn't connect or keeps freezing and takes time to catch-up.  Also sound somethings goes when changing channel.

I also have a nowtv box and iPlayer is super quick on that, so I know its not wifi connection.

I just think the box is old and on its way out.  Any thoughts anyone.........

Tivo boxes connect to the internet through the co-ax cable that connects to the back of the Tivo.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
paulinejones6
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mark for your suggestions, have done all and still the same 😞
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The only other thing I can suggest that worked for me a couple of times is to fully reset the Tivo.

NOTE

You will lose ALL recordings, series links and favourites unless you can find a way to back everything up - I do not think it is possible but someone may know.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Advise posting in correct section.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/ct-p/tv

0 Kudos