Screenshot_20210411_181537_com.android.chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
conman33158
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: This keeps happening

Might be best to give them a ring and maybe get a fix date from them. Best time to ring them on or just after 8am on 0345 454 1111 or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but unfortunately this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage", also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Nicola1983
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have a engineer coming tomorrow, but my Internet is back working now. It's up and down most days. When they come out they just tell me everything is working fine.. Basically fobbing me off every time.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You haven't said.... does the internet drop out on devices connected on ethernet cables directly into the Hub at the same time as wifi ones do? If yu aren't sure can you test it?

And what Hub do you have and what do the various lights on it do when the drop outs occur?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Nicola1983
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It drops on WiFi divices. Doesn't drop on my pc I have using a ethernet cable. 

I have a hub 3. Doesn't bring any lights up just stays on the normal power light. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Looking like it may be just a wifi only issue then. On a Hub3 you can often improve the wifi by separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation". Then use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just use 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz). If you are not sure how just search here or ask.

This often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting better kit 🙂 To address this, VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to “some customers” - but most will be charged £5/month and also they dont have enough supplies right now to provide them unless you have a demonstrable wifi issue.

And at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever and which will cure all your wifi woes.

Get either a…
(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

Nicola1983
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To be honest I don't understand how or why I should be doing this. Should it not all be sorted out by VM.

It all baffles me but thank you for your advise. I will ask the engineer tomorrow and see what they say.

Thank you again though 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OK - when they look at the connection it ought to be obvious to them whether there is an actual connection fault - or that (as I suspect) it is just a wifi one.

But just to clarify.... VM do not guarantee wifi connections or speeds - only those on wired ethernet connections are actually covered.

See what the Tech says - if you ask, they will certainly do what I suggested for you to see if it helps. After that they will say to get their pods or advise you to get your own kit

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Nicola1983
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

So the engineer came out and told me the problem with my Internet dropping is the Tp links I am using on BT and the other a TP link. He said they are conflicting with my VM ip address!

How is this possible when they are just network clients? 

Asked him to replace my router but he declined serval times. 

0 Kudos