Menu
Okkio
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Third day of almost no internet starting 4 PM till sometime early in the morning.

This is ludicrous, phones go straight to a pre-recorded message about how its  a "complex problem and its taking longer than usual". I have work time taken away from me because of this terrible service I've been receiving for the past few days. Can I please get a VM representative to look into this issue for me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Third day of almost no internet starting 4 PM till sometime early in the morning.

@Okkio wrote:

This is ludicrous, phones go straight to a pre-recorded message about how its  a "complex problem and its taking longer than usual". I have work time taken away from me because of this terrible service I've been receiving for the past few days. Can I please get a VM representative to look into this issue for me?

They know its a problem and are working to fix it asap. What else do you want/expect them to do?  Perhaps it is was like this recent London outage?

Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 02.02.33.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Okkio
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Third day of almost no internet starting 4 PM till sometime early in the morning.

You're right, the initial post was from pure frustration. Although I lost the ability to delete/edit it soon after(i assume there's a time limit before you can't edit any more). Either way, what I expect is more communication other than a static message.I would greatly appreciate some information so I'm not stuck here guessing. That way I can at least plan ahead and get a temporary alternative. Even a very rough estimate time would help. 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can also check the service status.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is a 30' time limit on editing 🙂

As well as trying the “check service,”  also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually only covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos