Menu
Cuthbertero
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The influence of weather on wifi transmission quality

After heavy rains, my wifi was affected again. I can't watch music videos, songs and movies on youtube. When I read the newspaper, the network quality did not meet my needs. Can you share me some methods that can fix this problem?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: The influence of weather on wifi transmission quality

Rain doesn't affect Wifi, unless you are outside in the rain or the Wifi has to travel through rain between your device and HUB.

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

Rain doesn't affect Wifi, unless you are outside in the rain or the Wifi has to travel through rain between your device and HUB.

It does if it affects the infrastructure.  This happened to me as the CAB was being flooded. Fortunately the engineers were quick to fix the Cabinet and stop the water ingress.

But yes, it will not affect wifi as such, but will impact the broadband circuit supply to the house. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Adduxi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It does if it affects the infrastructure.  This happened to me as the CAB was being flooded. Fortunately the engineers were quick to fix the Cabinet and stop the water ingress.

But yes, it will not affect wifi as such, but will impact the broadband circuit supply to the house. 

An extreme yet well presented example that I didn't have in mind!

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cuthbertero,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you are having WIFI issues. Can you confirm if you are having the same issues on your wired connections? 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Cuthbertero
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to everyone's sharing, I have fixed the problem
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What did you do to fix the problem ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cuthbertero,

Glad you hear you've fixed it

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

One thing that this thread indicates is that for many people wifi and internet connectivity are synonymous. Which is why one of the first things to ask (if not the first) when answering someone complaining that 'my internet doesn't work'* is 'is this a wifi connection and if so are any direct wired machines also effected. There's no point looking into wifi issues without first seeing if the problem isn't with the internet feed itself.

* Every time I see that statement, I'm always half-tempted to respond with 'wow you have your own internet - are you actually Vint Cerf?'😉

0 Kudos