cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notifications for planned work

mcbrock
Joining in

Hi 

I phoned Customer Service support and I was supposed to receive an email with instructions for text alerts when VM are doing planned works as the service goes down every week at the same time here and disrupts WFH.

This hasn't come through. Can this be sent over please or is there a link to set this up?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mcbrock

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm so sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, is there planned works ongoing currently? If so, you'll be able to sign up for updates on this here

If not, you should be notified automatically of any planned maintenance if we've got the correct contact details on your account, you can find more on this here

If you're unsure if the contact details we have for you are up to date, please let us know and we'll happily look into this for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sofia

There was works going on at the time which we didn't know about hence why I would like an alert and VM support said it would take 24hrs to come back on.

I went to the link for signing up for alerts but it just has run tests for broadband/tv etc and I can't see anywhere to sign up. The other link below takes me back to this page!

If you can let me know where this is found under Service status that would be helpful.

Thanks

Steven

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry for any confusion mcbrock 

The notification would only be applicable when there is currently an outage, any planed maintenance work would be notified via text (if your mobile number is correct on the system) or via letter. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M