Menu
tabatharf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terrible speeds, 6mbs paying for 200mbs, been like it for about a week :(

Really poor performance, seems to be getting worse by the day, are they throttling speeds because of everyone being at home? If so can VM throttle my bill until I'm back to full speed?

Irritated teenager shoutign at me because the PS4 patch is taking too long to download.

0 Kudos
Harvey_H
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible speeds, 6mbs paying for 200mbs, been like it for about a week :(

Hi,

It should only be on the Play Station Network that you are having that issue with.

It is as Sony are throttling their downloads in the UK and USA, possible some other countries but I know for definite they are in the UK and USA.

Nothing Virgin can do about it.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
tabatharf
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's not just the Playstation Network, the 6mbs is from speed tests run on my laptop, wired and wireless, same results. Every 10 minutes or so it will jump to 20Ish mbs then slow down again.Its definitely not 200mbs, that much I do know.

0 Kudos
tabatharf
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terrible speeds today again, dropping as low as 4mbs then shooting to 80 and then back down to 12, pretty grim for an £87 quid a month package.

0 Kudos
OFark
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is also complete crap. I've been playing for a few hours most evenings since lockdown began with no issues. Tonight, however, I can't get a speed over 24Mbps down and 700Kbps up. Whilst having a phone-tunnel conversation with friends who's connection is just fine. Sony aren't limiting me. Or they are picking on me alone.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And VM aren't throttling speeds.

And actually Sony were/are bandwidth controlling speeds on downloads..

https://www.techspot.com/news/84526-sony-throttles-playstation-store-download-speeds-europe.html

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos