Menu
MichelleLouise
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terrible speed fibre broadband and intermittent loss altogether

For a few days, speed is beyond terrible. I'm paying for 100mb speed and getting on average 9.5 yes NINE point FIVE, unbelievable.

The most frustrating part is there is literally no place to go and report it to to Virgin - so we're just literally having to put up with it. I get the runaround completely on the website.

Virgin - FIX MY ISSUES please, we need our speed constant and get what we pay for!

Tags (2)
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible speed fibre broadband and intermittent loss altogether

How are you connecting your device[s], Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
MichelleLouise
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what you mean by devices. The speed into our house has tanked lately. I've never had a problem until recently. Router is plugged into the wall, TIVO into the router, every other device to that after is via WIFI. Test speeds are coming back as 9.5, managed a whopping 30 yesterday. We are suppose to get 100 and used to, but not any more.

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What speed do you get using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MichelleLouise
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea sadly what you're talking about. Do you want me to plug my laptop directly into the router? Have no idea how to, as everything is wireless? I don't have random cables available to plug in.

And here's the thing, today's speed test is 112, so we're getting a good speed. Tomorow it may be pants again. This shows it's nothing my end but Virgin's end.

Fingers crossed it stays at 100 and we're back to normal.

Just saddened I have nowhere to report the loss of service this week to, but hey ho, worse things happen at sea.

Thank you for trying to help.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi is essentially a weak radio signal that you have no control over and  can be affected by numerous things at any time.

VM can be hitting your Hub at 100Mbs but the Wi-fi might only be at 5Mbs, there gain VM might only be sending 5Mbs to your Hub and until you test with an ethernet connected device you won't know.

0 Kudos