Menu
Gavtheskav
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Terrible quality watching prime uhd football last night

So trying to watch the last two Liverpool matches in uhd on Amazon prime built havein app on Samsung TV via ethernet have been awful. The picture kept going all blurry. So I done a connected speed test on my computer and it said DL speed was 2.75 and 3.14 Mbps. I pay for a 50 line!  During the game I rebooted and tryed different devices to watch it and all were the same

0 Kudos
Gavtheskav
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible quality watching prime uhd football last night

Forgot to say. After putting up with the awful speen. 10 minutes after the match finished my speed increased to 21.8, and now the morning after it has gone back to 54.7! So what's the point in having all the speed but you can't watch live uhd at peak times?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is the tv connected by wifi or ethernet cable?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gavtheskav
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet. As I said it's great now. Just in the evening trying to watch uhd football last few times

0 Kudos
SquashmanJim
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Watching the Liverpool v Wolves match tonight  the picture quality is shocking. I’m watching it on Prime through my firetv on a 4K tv. On connecting to the match the picture quality is excellent but within a minute it becomes very bad. Anybody experiencing this ?

newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's how it was using my firestick, however when I when I used the Prime app on my V6 it was perfect.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Huzaifa
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I had the same issue last night, although it had been flawless for previous games which Amazon had streamed. Yesterday was the first occasion, as above it would connect in great quality and then transition into low quality blurriness. Guessing it was an issue on Amazon side rather than Virgin

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

"Broadband speeds

Actual speeds may vary from the advertised speed of your service, particularly at peak times and the actual speed you experience may be lower than estimated. This is due to a number of factors that may not be within our control and include your use of WiFi, the device you are using, your internal wiring and the number of users online and accessing a particular website. At peak times, high usage e.g. due to major sporting events, may cause congestion. For more info on estimated speeds, how speeds for some packages may be affected by policies such as fair usage and traffic management, and other reasons why broadband speeds may vary, or for help, visit Our Speed Page (click here) where you can also find out about our membership of Ofcom’s Broadband Speeds Code of Practice. You can find a copy of Ofcom’s customer guide to the Residential and Business Codes on the Ofcom website (click here)."

Not forgetting that the bandwidth may be restrictive at the other end !!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
kennysarmy
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

One year on and Amazon firestick football quality is still just as bad!!!!

How do they get away with it?

0 Kudos