Menu
flosy123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terrible connection speeds for well over a month.

For the past few weeks I have been getting constant connection drops and truely terrible speeds.

I use almost exclusively wired connections, with a few mobile phones on the wifi (I work in app development). For example tonight I have been logging 2-4 MBPS throughout the day. Like a lot of people I am working from home and desperately need my connection reliable and acceptibly fast (especialy with the inexplicably high price I am now paying monthly (its somehow ticked up to almost £50 a month), for speeds closer to that I was getting when I 1st switched from dialup).

In the past Virgin has had issues with their DNS I have resolved using a 3rd party provider (anoying enough), but I'm getting complete network backouts multiple times a day (unable to even ping 8.8.8.8) and when it is working its absolutely not what I'm paying for.

LAN works fine, I can connect and stream from my SAMBA drive fine (wired and WIFI).

Its getting silly now, I lost half a day of work because I wasn't able to connect to the office build server. Right now I'm in the middle of waiting several hours for an SDK update which should have taken a couple of mins...

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible connection speeds for well over a month.

Hi flosy123,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've had some issues with your connection.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see that a few of the hubs upstream levels are out of specification.

It's something I'll need to arrange an engineer visit for, you can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
flosy123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Thank you for the quick reply. I also just got a text with an appointment, but I will be back in office during the week at a new job and don't want to ask for time off almost imidiately.

I can't find a way to express this with the link provided, but I won't be able to let anyone in at the time slot Mon-Fri 9-6 for a while.
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi flosy123,

Do you have access to your self-care account via the My Virgin Media application?

This will allow you to access the appointment and re-arrange this to a more suitable time and date

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos