Menu
julialan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Technical team

I've had several calls today from India saying that they are the Virginmedia technical team.  They are saying that the router shows problems at their end.  I asked if they had my account details on their computer and he told me the technical team doesn't have access to this.  I told them I think this a scam but they still insisted they are from Virginmedia.  I told the man I will contact Virginmedia today to verify if this is a genuine call, he said oh ok,

thank you

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Technical team

Hello

Certainly a scam, as to be able to do any troubleshooting they do need to confirm account holder and ask for 3 characters from you telephone password, if you pressured them that way is how they can confirm if they are VM, it is quite a well known scam.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ferg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yep I used to get those types of calls every other day

i used to always ask them my name or what number they had called and they could never say 

0 Kudos
julialan
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for that, after I asked if this is a scam, he said to me you are in the Southampton area, I said yes 02380 is the area code and I said anyone can look it up on the internet but he stumbled when I asked which Virginmedia area reference am I in.

Kind regards
0 Kudos