Menu
oo03sjw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV only package downgrade price?

Could someone please tell me how much it would cost for a TV only package and keeping 2 of my 3 V6 boxes?

I have tried retention team and after 45 minutes someone answered and then cut me off, TWICE!

I have tried the texting service and Sal cut me off!

We had an engineer call 3 months ago who told me I need a further booster, which he ordered but it was never received. 

I wish to ditch the over priced, not fit for purpose broadband but wish to know if the TV package would be worth keeping? If someone could tell me how much as it appears VM are unable to?

TIA

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV only package downgrade price?

Hello

There is one problem I foresee is if you drop the broadband then your V6's will not have the Electronic Program Guide, No On Demand and any services that use the internet as the V6 will only work 100% with a VM broadband connection.

As it is a downgrade I am afraid this cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
oo03sjw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bugger didn't know that, thank you.

Looks like I need to run aerials into the bedrooms then.

I'll try retentions again when I have a spare day.

Thanks for the info.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The V6 or TiVo boxes won’t work with aerials unless you’re talking about getting a free view system as a replacement. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
oo03sjw
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks, yes free system, there are no aerial ports in any of the bedrooms only VM cables.

Thinking of running cables to each bedroom and Rj45 cables at the same time to ethernet the rooms. What could possibly go wrong 🙂

Thanks again.
0 Kudos