Menu
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TNP Manchester Speedtest

Hi,

Is anyone able to get full speed on the TNP Manchester server on speedtest.net? This used to be my preferred server (and is still the 'optimal' server automatically chosen by speedtest.net). 

It used to reach 380Mb+ but the speeds have been well below normal recently.

tnp.png

Virgin Media's own server delivers a better, but not perfect, result

vm.png

And the "Boundless networks" server is close to full speed

boundless.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TNP Manchester Speedtest

TNP Manchester seems to be OK for me:

Got this from the VM Manchester server:

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

While we are talking about unexpectedly low test results.  The Ookla speed test is OK for me but the DSLReports speed test is refusing to acknowledge I have upgraded to 350Mbps and is still reporting download speeds of around 200Mbps:

It is showing the higher upload speed, but I can't get it it to reflect my higher download speed. 😤

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it's interesting to see that TNP is working at full speed. Several of the Manchester tests are showing lower than expected results for me. I'm beginning to think there is some bad routing or congestion somewhere between me and the servers.

On the other hand DSLReports seems to be OK for me

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Definitely  an issue with some Manchester speedtest servers at present, Virgin seems to be nearly there, followed by Boundless. I usually use TNP but it is showing my 500Mb to be 215Mb. Faelix is not much better.

I show better speeds using Leeds servers, so guessing routing/capacity issues in Manchester.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

glad it is now restored.

0 Kudos