cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 5 - Slow Wifi Speeds

js2013
Joining in

Hello all, 

I was provided a Hub 5 as my Hub 4 never reached the speed I am paying for (350mbps) over wifi. 

I've been using the Hub 5 for a day or so now, and it's the same issue. Over Wifi, even if I am standing next to the router I can only get around 100mbps. 

Does anyone have any tips on this, please?  Over wired connection I am getting the top speed so it's nothing to do with the connection. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What device are you using to test the Wifi speeds?  Is it connecting to 2.4Ghz or the 5Ghz band?

Note - VM only guarantee 30Mb for Wifi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Low speed with two different Hubs gives away this is a device limitation.

sayekm
Fibre optic

As a fellow M350 customer I can only share my experience. Previously I had budget mesh kit and it would not allow split the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band so during speed test I would get full speed and other times about 100Mbs+ standing in same location. But it did provide reliable 100Mbs+ all over my house so did the job well.

As the price of Wi-Fi 6 routers have come down now I have purchased a budget router (£60 for Archer AX55) and this router does allow to split the bands however I have left on auto as it seems to lock to 5Ghz most part of the house unless major obstructions. Anyone paying for service above M100 should really use their own router to appreciate the quality service by Virgin. 

I have few family members also using Virgin, some on M500 and 1Gbs but they run off the free Virgin router. When I showed them my speed test on M350 they were shocked as they don't even get close to this on a higher tariff 🤣

Just spend £60 and you will not regret it

SPeed.jfif

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55