Menu
rodders68
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super Slow Broadband

Hi,

My average broadband speed is 9.3 UL and 7.8 DL and I'm signed up to the M100 Fibre Broadband.

I've carried out all the checks/tests: hub on/off, checking cables, resetting, moving the hub etc. I've checked each device one by one to check if anything was causing the slowdown but no change.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Dave

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Slow Broadband

Over wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
rodders68
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wireless

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like your devices are connecting to the 2.4Ghz band, rather than 5Ghz.

You can 'force' them to connect to the faster, albeit less range, band, by splitting your SSID (Network name) into two:

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ .

Log in using the password on the base of the router, unless you've already changed it.

Navigate to Advanced Settings \ Wireless \ Security

You will see two sections, one for 2.4 Ghz and one for 5 Ghz. Change each 'SSID' to something different to identify which one to connect to. Personally I appended the existing name with '_2G' and '_5G'.

At the very bottom click 'Apply Changes'.

Note you will need to reconnect all wireless devices as the SSID (Network Name) will have changed.

When re-connecting use the '_5G' name if it's visible, if not use '_2G'.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get wired direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos