Menu
notheadlineMbps
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 3 Software Versions

I get full or slow wired speed on my M350 package.  After eliminating a flat Cat6 cable that was only performing well below 100Mps, I have various speed metrics and over this year noticed a gradual degradation over the spring lockdown period, and then two step changes in performance.

VM have fully tested the line and winge about the mains multiway etc., being the cause of the problem, but the speed changes (good and bad) happen seemingly randomly, and often when I am away from the house. 

Has anyone a log of the software versions deployed to the Hub 3.0 over the course of this year, and any dates, to find if there is any correlation between this software and my graph of the dismal VM M350 performance?

4.5.10.201-CD-UPC (Current version, not known when first deployed)

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 Software Versions

Hello

Where are you based is it IE or UK

The latest is

Software version: 9.1.1811.401

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
notheadlineMbps
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, I did check on the IE forum before posting here.  I'm GB based.

Any information helping formulate a small table of this years deployed Super Hub 3 software versions and dates would be most helpful. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Hang on are you a business customer with a hitron router as that firmware is a business one.

This is the hitron

thumbs_hitron_cgnv4.png

That information is not available I am afraid, you are going to need a VM staff member to have a look at this, as certainly you are running a very old version of hub firmware, one thing that may help is too power  off the hub for 30 secs and then back on, if that doesn't update to the latest then the next option would be a full reset of the hub, i.e. press and hold the reset button for 60 secs, do not power off the hub and leave it for 10 minutes until the lights stablize.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If you are on VM business as that is what that firmware tells me this post may be of interest to you - https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/11/uk-virgin-media-business-static-ip-users-suffer-unstab...

If you are on VM business then we can only give advice as you are posting on the residential forum and best people to speak to is https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us/ it is a separate company.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
notheadlineMbps
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am indeed a business customer.  Currently the modem is on 11 days up time.  I called a few days back asking about the update history but was told that information about the software Wersion history was not available to them.  

One response of the technical team was to highlight the ability to cancel free of charge due to sustained performance issues, rather than continue to investigate anything technical!  

Someone must be deploying software updates at VM

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I had a search on google for that version of software and looks like that update was rolled out in Jan 2020. Certainly here on the residential forum there is no information regarding business customer data. You don't have a hub 3 as that is what confused me, you should have a Hitron hub/router.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
notheadlineMbps
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's very helpful Mike, if there has been no further software rollouts this year, that could eliminate the Hub 3 as the cause of the three different characteristics I get on my performance graph over the course of this year, their cause must be elsewhere.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Does your Hub look like the one in the photo in message #4 ?

If yes, please stop calling it a Hub 3, it is confusing the issue.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
notheadlineMbps
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I had the domestic service previously, but now the hitron router on business, both with subjective intermittent performance, but now I have a performance graph from the hitron over the year where subjective intermittent performance corresponds to a lowered speed measurement. 

0 Kudos