cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub 30mbit speed on Gig1

rtho782
On our wavelength

Title says it all really.

SH4 in modem mode, connected to a Unifi UDM Pro. PC I am running the test from is connected to the UDM-Pro via 10G DAC.

This is the sort of speeds I see:

ekCnUVM

I've tried calling VM but I can never get through, the one time I did get through after 30 mins on hold, the line went dead (but didn't hang up) once she got as far as asking my name.

So, hoping I can get help here. I've also submitted a complaint at the lack of service. Honestly I'd be happy to just terminate seeing as they don't provide a useable connection.

vm2.jpgvm1.jpgvm3.jpgvm4.jpgvm5.jpgvm6.jpgvm8.jpg

34 REPLIES 34

The comment on that thread states theirs is still working does not mention what firmware their SH is running.

Mine so far still works with two connections and gives 1.15Gbps however the firmware is not the latest.  Not sure if the rollout has been paused or staggered and I haven't been fixed broken yet!

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Gig 1 (Modem Only Mode)

Hello @Martin_N

I seem to have very similar issue but with Super Hub 5. I don't have 2.5gb card on my server, but was attempting to bond two NIC interfaces using a linux server. While I can make it work the speed does not go above 100Mbps, frequently ranging from 50-70Mbps.

The firmware on my modem is cmreg-vmdg660-bbt076-b.cm.

Additionally, when I configured it with 4 NICs, the connection was extremely unstable and the Super Hub was constantly restarting.

Is there any support for SH5 and bonding?

Sorry, the firmware is LG-RDK_2.23.16-2106.14

If your SH4 has a white ring in modem mode - then it's on the firmware that supports load balancing I think. If it has a green ring in modem mode - it's on the newer firmware that doesn't?

Thanks for the response but I’m on SH5 and the lights are green

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI swozniak, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your Hub 5. 

Can you please confirm if the Hub light is constantly green or slowly flashing green?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hello, currently it is steady green but I reverted to a single ethernet for WAN connection. Would you like me to try with multiple WAN cables and check the light?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming. 

With this being the case, we would recommend taking a look at our troubleshooting page here

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks @Natalie_L

I have now upgraded my networking equipment to support 2.5Gbps instead of trying to bond multiple ethernet cables. Everything is now working as expected.

Regards,
Stan

Ultimately the issue here is that VM have NEVER supported or acknowledged the ability of their hubs to support port bonding or link aggregation. If it worked in the past, then fine but it was a bit of an accident and really can't be relied on.