cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub 30mbit speed on Gig1

rtho782
On our wavelength

Title says it all really.

SH4 in modem mode, connected to a Unifi UDM Pro. PC I am running the test from is connected to the UDM-Pro via 10G DAC.

This is the sort of speeds I see:

ekCnUVM

I've tried calling VM but I can never get through, the one time I did get through after 30 mins on hold, the line went dead (but didn't hang up) once she got as far as asking my name.

So, hoping I can get help here. I've also submitted a complaint at the lack of service. Honestly I'd be happy to just terminate seeing as they don't provide a useable connection.

vm2.jpgvm1.jpgvm3.jpgvm4.jpgvm5.jpgvm6.jpgvm8.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jjpearce05
On our wavelength
If your hub has a green light since a recent firmware update and if your hub is connected via a bond to the udm pro, disconnect all cables except one from the hub. Same happened to me since Sunday’s firmware update and today removing the bond resolved it (except now I only have a gigabit connection)

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

34 REPLIES 34

jjpearce05
On our wavelength
If your hub has a green light since a recent firmware update and if your hub is connected via a bond to the udm pro, disconnect all cables except one from the hub. Same happened to me since Sunday’s firmware update and today removing the bond resolved it (except now I only have a gigabit connection)

That fixed it, thanks.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/13354535645

Yeah I have a Mikrotik device between the UDM-P and the SH4 to take the 4 Gigabit RJ45 links and give the UDM-P a 10G SMF link. Didn't mention that as I didn't want to confuse 😄

Guess that will have to do until Cityfibre arrive or Vermin give me a SH5.

Glad it’s working!

I have a mikrotik rb4011 connected to the hub 4

@jjpearce05 wrote:
Glad it’s working!

I have a mikrotik rb4011 connected to the hub 4

What firmware revision are you on?

Hub 4 is AR01.04.055.06.07_040722_7245.PC20.10.LG.X1
Mikrotik is routeros v7.4beta4

noggin72
Joining in

Exactly the same thing has happened to me since a firmware update sometime in early July. 

Current software version : AR01.04.055.06.07_040722_7245.PC20.10.LG.X1

1150Mbs down to 50Mbs or less via an RB4011 Mikrotik, unless I use just a single Gigabit ethernet cable between the two, and then I'm capped at 940Mbs.

Sigh...

Hi there @noggin72, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are having speed issues on the Gig1 service. I have been able to check your area for issues using your forum details and can see that there is an open fault in the area with an estimated fix time of 9am on 20/07.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this, if you need any further updates we will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan

I think you are mis-reading my previous posts.  This isn't a connection speed issue, it's a loss of 'round robin' link aggregation on the most recent firmware update to SH4s.  I have a full speed connection - but the firmware update of the SH4 means I can't access the full speed any more because I can only use one of the four Gigabit Ethernet connections of the SH4 in modem mode. Previously I could access all 4 and connect at 1.15Gbs rather than 0.94Gbs that a single Gigabit Ethernet connection is capped to.

Hi there @noggin72

Thank you for updating and so sorry for the confusion. I have reached out to our team who should be able to advise further on this. As soon as I hear back I will let you know. 

Thanks again.