Menu
RowanP
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Strong signal, except for one room close to the hub

My hub's signal does well enough across my small 3 bedroom home. Except for our living room, which is no more than 10 metres from the hub. There's even a straight line from the hub to the room without any walls etc. blocking the way.

Any signal tests in the living room show the connection is strong, but it makes no difference. Do I really need to spend money on a booster, or is there perhaps something I can do to resolve this seemingly unusual issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strong signal, except for one room close to the hub

No, you can spend money on a mesh system or better standalone router rather than a booster. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strong signal, except for one room close to the hub

No spend it on superior kit - assuming wired connections are all ok getting your own wireless equipment will solve the wifi issues.

Either.....

1) Mesh System
2) Wireless router
3) Wireless access points
4) A combination of the above

Depending on your requirements, house layout/construction and of course, budget.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos