cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming unwatchable last few days

Koalah77
On our wavelength

Since Wednesday my 1Gb connection has been playing up on teams calls, and watching my online courses was challenging as the audio stuttered. The speeds are fine. It's a hub4 and started being the green light this week 

tonight I can't do any of my course work as it's just completely unwatchable, as is watching prime, YouTube or playing metaVR. The audio just stutters or doesn't even show.

not surprising, VM were useless on phone and even said they'd bill me for support as I have a Netgear Orbi set up (the newest one). I can see that one more VM is showing up on my wifi options nearby - my new neighbours seem to have got it this week.

I work full time from home and run a business plus study, so internet is critical for me. I can't even do any of my client calls tomorrow.

any ideas? I tried a BQM but that just shows 100% packet loss as think the IP is blocked.

FCFF2A04-940F-4B8F-95BA-794C1AFCFE53.jpeg

FE9C656F-2107-47A9-9075-6D1774FAA636.jpeg

0343CE17-51D9-4989-A01D-F2F42C9790C9.png

71C9BAEB-58D4-4B50-917C-D908ACC4E7EC.jpeg

BDFFCAE5-0497-485A-A107-BE7DB3E36B9D.jpeg

D798F3A5-9A28-4EF6-AE34-525C3338A145.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've also done the service status and no issues, plus rang the number.

a few others on local Facebook page say they also have issues 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
_______

Can you Check for any “known network faults first - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

Cant read your stats from that screenshot - try posting it as text.

Is the Orbi doing the routing - or is it in bridge mode? I\n ay case the BQMN is red because a setting in the routers settins is NOT set to " Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP"" (pings) - or the ip address in the BQM settings is incorrect - check it.

And of course ... running any business on a "Reidential" BB service with no SLA ... is risky at best

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I used to have homeworks but they cancelled it during the pandemic. They won't do a business line to a residential address.

my Orbi is set up as the router.

can't do text version of it as on a phone as the laptop keeps cutting out due to the issue.

I've also done the service status and no issues, plus rang the number.

a few others on local Facebook page say they also have issues 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Koalah77 wrote:

I used to have homeworks but they cancelled it during the pandemic. They won't do a business line to a residential address.

That means you have not set up as a business at that address.  In which case if you are running a business from home it would be worth having a back up connection.  A cheap OR package or a 4/5G Sim unlimited data package witha Mifi router.

@Koalah77 wrote:

can't do text version of it as on a phone as the laptop keeps cutting out due to the issue.

If you can log into the settings and see the images to get a screed shot... then you can do it by text.  

Just copy/paste(Ctl/c - Ctl/v) the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) get the 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

If its still an issue and you are connecting on wifi, connect to the settings on an ethernet cable connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Give us the speeds from SamKnows as well.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

What the connection like in modem mode without a router?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @Koalah77 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your service stability especially when streaming. We can understand this is not ideal. I have run some tests into your service and I can see there may be some issues with your hub data and hub power levels. 

To further look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs