cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still slow Broadband after 12 months

saracen3
On our wavelength

Well 12 months have passed and nothing has changed, well it has but it's worse. I rang VM last week with the intentions of leaving but got talked into trying the all bells and whistles 500mbps package with an O2 SIM which I don't need as I am still in contract else where. But I was told it comes with the package which is still cheaper (just) than my last package!

Anyway it arrived and i fit it as per the book and woe be tide nothing. Now I am assured by Virgin that my last 200mbps router was showing the full 200 so the new 500mbps would solve my problems but it has not. Now my 3 Apple devices (2 iPhones and a iPad) rocketed into the 400's, my Windows10 laptop in the same room as the VM Hub 20 to 30mbps, my PC which is upstairs and connected via Ethernet: T-P Link AV600 PowerLine and Wireless: Trendnet AC1900 High Power Duel Band Wireless USB Adapter, both managed around 20 to 30mbps and sometimes as low as 0.80 mbps!!!!

What I need to know because VM don't know and I certainly don't, how even upstairs my iPhone can do 407mbps and my PC and Laptop a measly 20 to 30, is it the house or the devices that have the problem? I have even replaced some of the VM cables (rightly or wrongly I don't know) with BlueRigger RG6 Coaxial Cable with F-Type connectors. My next step before my 14 days is up is to ask for a couple of Pods which are included in my package to see if they help. I am sorry for going on but I have just about had enough now so I hope somebody can help me, please????

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
oops mistyped.....should read

then went back to capped 100 mbps