Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Starting up issues!!

Hi guys, I recently bought the virgin media 500gb package and received it yesterday. I was told by the online sales team that there’s no need for a technician to come out because I already have a connection box. I set up the wifi modem as instructed but it’s not working. The wifi light is green and the light at the bottom keeps flashing green. I’ve looked up videos and scrolled through the forums and it seems this is a common issue? I was wondering if it is my connection box which is the issue? It’s an old NTL connection box, probably about 17 years old. I have the internet modem wire connected to the right side of the NTL connection box. I have also plugged and unplugged the modem numerous times and gave it a few hours to work but nothing is happening. Is there a faulty wire on my end? Do I need a technician to come out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Starting up issues!!

Hello

Have you call the activation line :-

0800 953 9500

Step one is to call us and activate your services. Make sure you have your account number and area reference to hand – they will be on the email we sent you – then call us on 0800 953 9500. Follow the step-by-step instructions to install your Hub and get your broadband connection working.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos