cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds suddenly slow

erzeek
Joining in

This probably gets asked here a lot but I have consistently gotten ~600mbps download and ~40mbps upload from my M600 package but all of a sudden for the past week, during the day (around 10am to 7pm) the download speeds drop to 40-70mbps and the upload speeds remain the same of ~40mbps. I could assume that this is due to increased demand of broadband due to Easter holidays? But as I said I have always gotten ~600mbps download. My setup is a MacBook Pro with a USB-C to Ethernet hub. Cat 6 cable connected to a hub 2 that is an access point connected via Cat6 to a hub 3. Connecting my phone to the hub 3 and hub 2 gives me around 40mbps download during the day and ~400mbps during the night / early morning. Anyone know what could be going on here and should I call up Virgin? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Also you need to setup a BQM to monitor and record the state of your circuit.   www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done and running for 24 Hours, post a link to the shared live graph and we can comment on your circuit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi erzeek,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you haven't been receiving your expected speeds, were you able to check for any known area issues, how are your speeds looking now.

Regards

Paul.