cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds reduced since VM area work

Harry_C
On our wavelength

Last week VM did work in my area, net went down for few hours. Since its been back up, my speeds seem to have been capped to 100mb and not the 1gig i pay for. Adding to that an ip check also seems to show my ip being apart of VM in Telford, considering im in the south east of london, clearly something has gone wrong. 

any help is appreciated as paying full £ for 1/10th of the service is clearly not on. 

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Harry_C 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some problems with your Broadband speeds and IP. For clarity, are you seeing these speeds on a WiFi or cabled connection? Can you try to run a cabled speed test, here, and provide us with a screenshot of the result?

I've tried to run some checks on our side, but have been unable to do so. Are you seeing any lights on your Hub? Have you tried rebooting since the local work was completed?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Harry_C
On our wavelength

I managed to srt it out by switching out of and back into modem mode. Reboots alone wasn’t working. 
speeds are back now. 

thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Harry_C 👋

Thanks for the update on this - I'm glad to hear you've been able to get things resolved.

If you do need anything else, please feel free to open a new thread, and we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ