cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds dropping everyday at the same time

annesorrentino
Joining in

For a week now, almost everyday around 5pm, my speeds have gone from 300 to 45 for Download and 30 to 1.5 for Upload - I can't work and need to figure out a solution. Any ideas on why / how to fix?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can we just check, does this occur on wifi connections only or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

Also, If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc over time - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections.

It's seful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your feedback - I experience this from my desktop which is connected via ethernet to a plugged in booster as wifi seems to be bad where my home office is but when I try something different, I get the same result with a laptop on wifi in the same room as my router. 

I believe I have the Hub 3 and It seems the lights are no different than normal when it happens.

THIS  is a few hours after I signed up and THIS is my Live Graph.

Not sure how to interpret!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your BQM is not working at present.  Can you post your power levels as well, thanks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Connecting via ethernet to a plugged in booster is very different from connecting directly to the Hub by an ethernet cable. Can you try that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.