cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed

mjmul
Joining in

Sitting 2 metres from v3 router and speed fir both uploads and downloads is 15mb, help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can get a USB 3 to ethernet adaptor for all laptops!

I'd rule out it being a wifi only issue first as VM doesn't guarantee wifi speeds - Only wired speeds into your property - for most people the hubs work well enough but so many variables affect wifi that no provider will guarantee it!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
Wat happens to wired connections?

I don’t have anything wired. Laptop does not support Ethernet cable

You can get a USB 3 to ethernet adaptor for all laptops!

I'd rule out it being a wifi only issue first as VM doesn't guarantee wifi speeds - Only wired speeds into your property - for most people the hubs work well enough but so many variables affect wifi that no provider will guarantee it!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mjmul, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with WiFi speeds. To add to the helpful advice above regarding WiFi, I can see there have recently been some area issues that will have been contributing to this problem though those have since been resolved - so I hope things have improved for you now?

If not, and you're still not able to test a aired connection - please post your Hub/network connection details so we can check to see if there is a problem there. If you're unsure how:

In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. If you have a hub 2 or 3 when the page loads don't log in but click ‘Check Router Status’. If you have a Hub 4 when the page loads log in and then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy full sets of data onto here from the downstream, upstream, & network logs pages and paste them here. Please don’t post screencaps - if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank any sensitive details out for you.

You can also set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Tom

I'm using the Virgin HUB Four can I achieve 1Gig speeds using a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G as I'm not achieving anywhere near these speeds?

As a hub 4 is wifi5, the max you will probably get is around 450mb/s. To get faster, you would have to wait/get an upgrade to a hub 5 or buy a 3rd party wifi router with WiFi 6 or 6e as the hub 5 is wifi6.

I get about 850 to 920 with a wifi6e laptop and WiFi 6 router, but that might be all I can get from my virgin line as that's also what I get via ethernet.

Thanks for ur reply well I'm on the Volt Package with speeds up too 1Gig I rarely get about 500mbps?

Is there anybody on here using a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G and can achieve faster speeds?

Am I on the correct profile for my telephone line?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dmason197 wrote:

Thanks for ur reply well I'm on the Volt Package with speeds up too 1Gig I rarely get about 500mbps?

Is there anybody on here using a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G and can achieve faster speeds?

Am I on the correct profile for my telephone line?

Please do not double post as it confuses people trying to help.   This has already been answered on your previous posting of this question.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks