forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Robert190388
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed

My speeds where spot on this morning. At 9am. Then virgin started to do maintenance out side there finished now my speeds below 200. On 350 contract. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed

200 is not so bad during the day with the pandemic going on

Robert190388
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That’s not the point it was fine then after the work was done it wasn’t.  And thers no strain on virgin broadband. phone and thay said thers something wrong should not drop of like that. Yes I know how WiFi works. Waiting on call back. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Speeds aren't gauranteed.

What are you wired speeds like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Robert190388
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not to be rude yes they are thers your speed you pay for and thers speed your guaranteed.all ready asked every time I phone thay say the samething 7 advisors a 4 engineers say my speeds should not drop below 300. There all wrong. I know how WiFi works  my speeds 130 out of 350. Fine this morning then thay  work out side after thay finish disaster. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No. 
WiFi speeds are not guaranteed - read the terms and conditions on the speed guarantee page and you’ll see that. 

You pay for the speed delivered to the hub and then a wired connection speed  

And if you “know how WiFi works” then you’ll know the various environmental factors that can effect WiFi speeds and connectivity. 

No manner of engineers or phone advisors can guarantee or predict what WiFi speeds “should be”. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi