Menu
Cheeze439
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed upgrade activated but no change

I upgraded a few days ago from 100mb to 350mb. I had an email a few hours ago saying the changes have been actions. 

I have rebooted the router but the speed is exactly the same as before. 

Am I missing something?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Marty20
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed upgrade activated but no change

Hi

Sorry to hear this. Can you please private message me your account number and area reference so I can look into this for you. To private message me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please be mindful not to post those details in a public reply. Thanks, Marty

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin Media however all responses are based on my experiences in the field and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Cheeze439
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’ve sent that over. 

had another email this morning confirming the switch has happened and new billing etc but still no change even after a restart of the hub. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What speeds are you getting?

How are you speed testing?

You need to Speedtest with a gigabit-enabled device using a CAT5e/6/7 cable wired directly to the hub.

Wifi speeds are not guaranteed so you need to use a wired connection. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Wezzer1977
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I’m having the exact same issue as the OP.

Received email this afternoon saying upgrade has been applied but there is no difference at all to my speeds.

Any help appreciated.

Wes.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Wezzer1977 wrote:

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos