Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed rediculously slow

supposed to be on 200mb package, but the last few days i am getting a max speed of 1.2mbs.  i have done everything Virgin have advised on their website including turning off and factory resetting the router.  playstation is connected via LAN cable and has same speeds.  the kids are all connected via wireless and ALL day long i am hearing "DAAAAAD THE INTERNETS OFF AGAIN"  For the sake of my sanity........someone.......anyone....please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed rediculously slow

You need to be speed testing with a wired device that isn’t a console to get any accurate speeds 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PC via LANRe: Speed rediculously slow

ok so done that.  plugged PC into LAN.  Speedtest.net recomended by Virgin will not connect to start test.  Offcom speed checker getting 0.7 MBS on their checker.  edit. speedchecker.net conected 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: PC via LANRe: Speed rediculously slow

Is that direct to the hub and not via a switch or powerline plug etc?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

direct to hub. managed to get through to customer support and once every single wifi device was turned off, wondows booted into safe mode, factory reset hub, he managed to get speed back to about 118MBS. as soon as he went off the phone we dropped back down to 0.13MBS even on the LAN PC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK, time to do some of your own diagnostics.

Does the speed vary much at different times of the day - particularly past midnight compared with 7pm?

Get some stats data from the hub. Point your browser to 192.168.0.1 - you won't need to login if you have in the past.
If you have a SH3 the use the link at the bottom of the page and post the upstream, downstream and network log.

Really doesn't matter how you test speeds if you are seeing rates that low.

Do you have times when the Internet disconnects completely?

0 Kudos