Menu
Teekay79
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Speed issue

Hi,

I have the 100mb package on a 3.0 hub but I’m only getting around 20mbps download speeds on Wifi, with uploads around 6mbps. What is the reason for such low speeds and what can I do to increase them?

Many thanks,

Tony

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed issue

If you were getting 20 up and 20 down I'd start from the assumption that you had a wifi problem (because wifi is a symmetrical technology).  As you're getting different up and down speeds my starting point would be to check if its a broadband problem.  That could still be wrong, but we can usually find out quickly enough.

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  All we need is the contents of the three titled Downstream, Upstream, Network log, and you'll need to post the data as text, not screenshots.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

And is there any time of day feature to speeds?  Are you able to measure speeds on a computer connected by ethernet cable to the hub?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos