cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed increases from November 1st?

RayW2
Dialled in

I see it is being reported on the ISP Review web site that "some" VMO2 broadband speeds are apparently tdue to incease fom the first of next month ...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/10/isp-virgin-media-o2-uk-to-boost-some-home-broadband-sp...

52 REPLIES 52

unisoft
Well-informed

@RayW2 wrote:

I see it is being reported on the ISP Review web site that "some" VMO2 broadband speeds are apparently tdue to incease fom the first of next month ...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/10/isp-virgin-media-o2-uk-to-boost-some-home-broadband-sp...

odd the article says nothing about 500, 600 (legacy) and 1gbps packages that are also not at correct upload ratio....the 1gbps has dependency on docsis 3.1 upstream channel though, which isn't completed in all areas yet.

@unisoft wrote:

@RayW2 wrote:

odd the article says nothing about 500, 600 (legacy) and 1gbps packages that are also not at correct upload ratio....the 1gbps has dependency on docsis 3.1 upstream channel though, which isn't completed in all areas yet.

VM don't have to wait for all the areas to be upgraded to the Docsis 3.1 upstream channel first before rolling out the speed upgrades.

They didn't rollout the 1gbps product across all the regions at the same time.

I believe the increase has happened to me. Essential works were carried out in my area on Monday and since then I have noticed an increase in speed.
I am on M100

Untitled.jpg

@pm71 wrote:

I believe the increase has happened to me. Essential works were carried out in my area on Monday and since then I have noticed an increase in speed.
I am on M100

Untitled.jpg

Is it a 20% upload speed ratio?

@olisun wrote:

@pm71 wrote:

I am on M100

Untitled.jpg

Is it a 20% upload speed ratio?

Roughly: 

143 mbps down

22 mbps up

Yes, same here.

I am also on M100. Rebooted my Hub yesterday and now getting 140 mbps down and 20mbps upload speeds.

My M200 changed yesterday.

Now 275 download and 26 upload according to SamKnows. Previously 220 and 21.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
I wonder if VM will upgrade me on SH1...
---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just look to see if the Hub1 config datafile has changed,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.