cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed increase

John2021
On our wavelength

Hi , given we are being changed over to 02 for our mobiles , will that entitle me to get a free upgrade on my broadband speed with virgin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @John2021 

Welcome back to the community forums 

If you have migrated to O2 and also have a Virgin Media broadband services at the same registered address, then you could be eligible for Volt benefits yes. 

Once the migration has completed on your mobile to the O2 network, you can check your eligibility through your new O2 online account and apply for Volt benefits through here

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I doubt it. Read the letter sent to you.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @John2021 

Welcome back to the community forums 

If you have migrated to O2 and also have a Virgin Media broadband services at the same registered address, then you could be eligible for Volt benefits yes. 

Once the migration has completed on your mobile to the O2 network, you can check your eligibility through your new O2 online account and apply for Volt benefits through here

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

John2021
On our wavelength

Having read the letter as Tudor suggested yet again , it does not say either way , but what I have done is look on the web sight for switching over and it does suggest I might get an upgrade on my broadband , so thanks for you reply Carley , regards Tudor , not certain about attitude or trying to help .

John2021
On our wavelength

Can I ask what the next lvl up from 50 gab is please 

sayekm
Fibre optic

I was not aware they still do M50 but here are the next tiers. 

M100, M250, M350, M500 & 1Gbs.

I received the migration letter this week and reading the letter it does not mention anything about Internet upgrade. Only mentions SIM data doubles and price matched on a rolling monthly contract.

But I did take out a new 12m O2 SIM couple weeks ago for my son. A quick call to O2 customer service they doubled the data from 30GB to 60GB and internet upgraded from M250 to M350.

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

John2021
On our wavelength

Hi Sayekm , if you go online and look at having virgin plus o2 , it says about the benefits you will get and you have already got them for your son , I would suggest you should have got it as well , have a look .

I hope you do get the upgrade.

I have 4 SIMS with Virgin. 1 SIM was part of the Oomph package and it does mention upgrade, the other 3 SIMS just mention double data.

VM boost.png

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

John2021
On our wavelength

hi , what you have shown is what I was meaning , it would be nice if we did get upgraded , but no big deal if not Sayekm ,thanks for the info though 👍

Good Afternoon @sayekm, thanks for your post on our Community Forums.

Can you please confirm if you have any sim cards with O2 on a pay monthly agreement currently?

If so, you would be entitled to all Volt benefits, over both Virgin Media and O2.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn