Menu
Rt656
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed down

I'm supposed to be on 200 mbps which has a guaranteed speed of 100mbps how come for the last month I have struggled to get anove 78mbps. 

It was suggested that I download the connect app and test for any blackspots in my home. Only to find that you need a hub to use the app. I don't have a hub,  only the modem that was supplied when i got my tivo box,  so that was a waste of time. 

What with this and other phone issues and not being able to talk to a human being I am seriously considering leaving virgin media

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed down

If you have a Broadband and TV contract you will have a Hub and either a Tivo or V6 TV box.

I take it that you are using Wi-Fi to connect your devices ?

The only accurate way to measure your speed is to use an ethernet connected device.

What is your connection like with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Rt656
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok my moden has a label on the bottom saying super hub 2ac

Is that the hub? Cause I've scaned the label as it telks you to on the connect app and says it cannot find a hub 3

Last month my speed checker was hitting upto 120mbps which is well above the minimum

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You don't have a HUB 3. I'm not sure if older HUBs work with the app.

Are you testing with a wired or wireless device?

0 Kudos
Rt656
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wireless, but as I said was hitting good numbers in June and July

Ok apparently I am supposed to be able to get a new hub3 as a free upgrade, but upon trying to do this I get the same old message pop up "oops something went wrong" "we can't make changes to your package online". So how am I supposed to upgrade?

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

External elements, such as neighbour's devices, can affect yours.

If you have an Android/iOS phone you can get free apps that check for channel overlaps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_GB 

Regarding the HUB 3 you can contact VM directly.

0 Kudos