Menu
SoniRaeb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Speed + can't access hub

Hi, my current download speed is 3.12mb   And no.... that's not a typo.   Upload 0.71mb

There are no known issues in my area. 

So far I've rebooted  the hub, several times.   Reset the hub several times. Disconnected all other wifi devices apart from the laptop. Then I disconnected the laptop and tried the iPad.

I tried to access the hub on http://192.168.0.1 but the password (which I have in front of me on the original paperwork 'is not recognised'.  I double checked with the label on the hub.

I added a TP-Link booster to the network so signal strength is good throughout the house but the speed is awful.   Will try a patch cable tomorrow but meanwhile....

Does anyone have any other suggestions? 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Speed + can't access hub

What is your connection like with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
SoniRaeb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. That's the plan for tomorrow. Head to the office to grab a cat6 cable and test it again. It's not a practical solution owing to office being upstairs and hub downstairs but it will be good to compare the difference. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @SoniRaeb

Welcome back to our Community and thank you for your post; I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your broadband speed currently and can't access the Hub. 

I have been able to locate your account from your Forum information and can see that our automated systems has identified a network issue over the last several days which is affecting multiple customers in your area. There is a high percentage of customers in the street whose power levels aren't quite right. This is likely to cause connectivity and performance issues. Our engineering teams have been automatically notified of the issue and will will need to send a network technician to the cabinet to fix the issue. We will fix the issue as soon as possible.

I don't as yet have a reference number for this issue but your account has been noted accordingly for you. 

Keep us posted on how things at your end over the next 24 hours and we can check for updates for you if needed

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

SoniRaeb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Katie, thanks for picking up on this. I'll check it again over the course of the next few days.  Good to know it's being investigated. 

0 Kudos
SoniRaeb
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Two weeks in and now under 3mbs download but hey I have just under 4mbs upload.... Hardly the promised 100mbs I'm paying for. Really disappointed in the performance which is making working from home as an IT support Tech.....extremely hard 

48 minute phone call today to hear the same answer.  It's a cabinet issue and it'll be fixed in 48 hours (business hours)   I sincerely hope so.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry SoniRaeb, 

The cabinet issue we advised you of is still ongoing, 

We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
SoniRaeb
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks  Alex. It's really not good enough though is it?  This has actually been going on a lot longer than the date I originally posted . Speeds have been getting progressively slower for weeks.  Can you send me a link to Ts and Cs please.  I need a service I can rely on. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry once again for the interruption to your service SoniRaeb

You can find the terms and conditions here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
SoniRaeb