Menu
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Speed boost not live?

Hi, I've been informed that I should be getting faster speeds now thanks to Volt but nothing has changed. My O2 benefits have been added to my account so that side is fine. I've rebooted my Hub 3.0 a few times but am still getting 350mb vs the 500mb i was expecting. Any advice welcome!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed boost not live?

I should have said I’m running the hub 3.0 in modem mode. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It can take up to 14 days to be applied after it appears on your account. If its not done by then - post back here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ah 14 days after being informed it's been applied to the account. I was under the impression it would be 14 days from the date of the request. Hopefully it'll be applied soon thank you. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Turrican77

Thanks for posting. You've been advised correctly but did you not speak to the team last week about this and it was sorted then? If you log in to your online account and then go to 'my package' what does it show please for the speed? 

Best, 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @john_GS thanks for the reply. Rather freakishly it literally changed to the faster speed as I was replying to this message. I had only spoken to the O2 team about this but no one from Virgin, I only received the confirmation of changes via an automated email last week.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @Turrican77

When did you submit the volt referral? Has it been 14 days since this time? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Zak_M it was actually just under but I think the email stating the changes had been made is what confused me. In any case it's all sorted now thank you for checking. 

0 Kudos
asmith8245
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi! Have you try to check your online account? It will show there what services you have atm. And also if your broadband hasn't been boosted yet you can contact Cable Retention it's easy than Sales Team wherein they will upgrade your broadband speed at no extra cost.
0 Kudos
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yep it's all sorted now thank you for replying. It was just some confusion during the communication between applying and it going live. 

0 Kudos