cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Upgrade

DJKrisMullen
Joining in

I upgraded my speed to M200 with an expected activation date of 06/09. As of today my package still shows as M100??

Can someone help?

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It may have happened.

Log into the Hub settings and navigate to the Configuration Data File and post up the data in there.

We need to see the numbers in the Downstream & Upstream Max Data Traansfer Rate boxes - these will be in bps - NOT Mbps

On the 100 package they will start 1nnnnn..... and 2nnnnn... on the 200 package.

If its still on the 100 - try a pinhole reset and then check back.

If it is on 200 check back here for further advice

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker. See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for your Advice, I shall follow the suggested actions this evening/this weekend and let you know the outcome.

•  

General Configuration

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file
cmreg-vmdg505-bbt057-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID75152
Max Traffic Rate117000047
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID75151
Max Traffic Rate10500047
Max Traffic Burst16320
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst16320
Scheduling TypeBestEffort

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Well thats clear - you are still on the 100 package.

Try, a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker. See if that sorts it y increasing those max traffic rate numbers.

If not check what it is showing in your online account about your package. Orcall in and find out why its not happened

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Must we resort to the dam pinhole reset.😞

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You John. 

I will try a reset tomorrow and see what happens and provide another update. 

Well, I tried the pinhole reset method and no change. I spent an agonising 45min wait on hold to customer service, eventually got through to someone called Bilal. I explained I had placed an order to upgrade my broadband to M200 only not changing anything else and had an order receipt dated Sept 1st with estimated activation date of September 6th. Bilal continued to advise he could not see a deal on that basis and went on to recommend me taking a phone line (which would give me massive discounts however there was an Engineer call out fee). I explained I wasn't interested in the phone. He then went on to recommend M350 Broadband with Maxit TV for £81?? I again said I did not want to pay anymore than I was quoted via the upgrade to M200 only. Ended the conversation no further forward. I'm a little disappointed with the decrease in customer service standards of late having been a customer for over 12 years.

Maybe you have a super hub 1?
---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@legacy1 wrote:
Maybe you have a super hub 1?

No - the layout on the Config data page is different.  Its a Hub3/4/5

I will ask VM to come here and advise

--------------------
John
--------------------