Menu
suejarrod
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Speed Upgrade done but not 100 - 350

Yesterday Morning my son asked me to upgrade the Fibre from 100 - 350. I put the order through then last night got an email saying done. Did a check and it was still the same so I rebooted router and it was still the same.I checked on the router itself and the line speeds where still as they where.

On my account the order says completed 15th.

Today I checked and no change so I thought I would go on chat and ask, after about 1 minute I got a person, I thought great and after security passed she then said no problems I will get you sorted.

For 20 minutes all I got was pressured selling and when I said can she just do as I said I was told not a problem she would put me through to the correct department. I said YES on the chat and then came the Coronavirus excuse (sorry but it is). I waited for 40 minutes with nothing before coming here and registering.

I hope someone has a clue what to do as my contract runs out in September so I will be able to change.

Sue

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Upgrade done but not 100 - 350

Upgrading your speed package will usually start a new minimum term contract, usually 12 months

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I upgraded to M350 recently, the all sorted email came through fairly quickly, but it took 48hours for the speed upgrade to take effect on the Hub, it depends on the staff available (Covid-19) on just how long you will have to wait.

0 Kudos
hotshot666
Up to speed
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sue, do not worry. Failure to deliver the service you asked for is grounds for termination. Don't be worried about threats of 18 month tie ins
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It’s not. Ignore the above ^

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
hotshot666
Up to speed
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Gary Dexter,

No court of law would uphold a contract where the provision of service XXX was charged for and failed to be delivered.

Using your logic we could all sign up for all sports of things, the supplier could partly fulfill their commitment and there would be no recourse.

I have had years of dealing with these matters. The company will use strong arm bully boy tactics. Open a small claims court matter with them and they back down very very quickly. They fundamentally do not have a leg to stand on and they know it
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No that’s not the case at all.

And please stop spamming the forum. 

0 Kudos
suejarrod
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My husband has been involved in IT since the 90's so I understand the process. I have the message to confirm my upgrade is on a Rolling 1 month contract despite a sales person trying to sell me a package I refused. If Virgin charge me for an upgrade and I dont get it then that is grounds for leaving but that is not my issue.

My point as I made it, I have been told via email its done, now in English that meens its done. So when I check and its not done I dont expect to get 20 minutes of sales patter then once she gave up I then get put on a chat que with no responce for 40 minutes. Blaming Covid when your sales staff answer in under a minute speaks volumes about Virgin.

Now my speed on my account package shows 350 however despite a power off (3 minutes) and power on my speed is the same, I guess this meens that in fact its NOT done. I shall wait till tomorrow and try again and so on.

Sue

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In English it “means” it’s done, not “meens” - before point out others incorrect uses of what things stand for.

Working in IT doesn’t mean working for a large multi-scale ISP and telecoms company either. 

Just call up and advise that you haven’t had the new configuration pushed through. Simple. 

0 Kudos
OR8
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The same issue has happened to me.

Ordered the 200 package on the 5th Sept, says completed on the 5th and since then i'm still on the 100 package. Online shows the correct 200 contract.

I've checked my router status and the config file still shows the old speeds. 

To confirm, no issues with broadband, just not getting the speed upgrade i asked / paid for.

So I phone customer services (couldn't find any online chat button - another story that). Spoke to someone asking me about how many devices i have connected, which was nice, but not what i was calling about. Eventually they send something to the router, which was all good, and i rebooted. Restart completed, same issue. No speed increase, same config. I have the hub 3 but the operator thinks there's an issue with my equipment so sending me a new one. Whilst that's not completely impossible, i personally think someone hasn't updated something / flicked that switch or whatever, seems like a simple config update to me, not a new router??? 

I cannot seem to get the faults team to check and push a new config. Maybe i'll just wait.......perhaps i'm impatient

0 Kudos