Menu
C_Holland
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Speed! Surprise, another complaint.

Hey all,

Currently paying for M100 but i'm getting half that (around 44-50mbps) and nowhere near the up speed (0.1-0.4mpbs as opposed to near 10mpbs). I've had this problem happen near the end of April but it somehow fixed itself (I wish I knew how). Currently makes staying in calls or online gaming a pain in the neck because of (what I assume) a lot of packet loss. The wifi also has a problem staying connected to the devices.

There doesn't seem to be a problem in my area, from what the fault test says, and I've reset my hub every day since the problem arose (Tues 12th May)

Any idea where or what the problem is and how I could potentially fix it?

0 Kudos
Pawan_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed! Surprise, another complaint.

Hi,

Please send me a private message, not reply or quick reply, with your account number and area code / site I’d and I'll look into it for you.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What are you Speedtesting with?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
C_Holland
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've only done the speed test on Ookla's Speedtest.net, I haven't tried anything else (nor do I know other methods of testing speeds).
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What devices? Wired or wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
C_Holland
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

PC is wired through ethernet and a powerline adapter, Xbone is also wired. Everything else is wireless. There's 3 phones and 2 tablets connected wirelessly.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Powerlines never get full speeds nor will any console. 

You need to wired direct to the hub and speedtest.

0 Kudos
C_Holland
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm well aware that I won't be getting full speeds through powerlines, its just not an option for me right now. Regardless I was getting far better speeds from before these issues whilst hooked through powerlines. It's been established that there are indeed faults in my area, and will be fixed on the 20th, according to the tech that helped me.

And the wifi has been very intermittent over the past few days too. All I can do right now is wait until the issues are fixed and see if it persists.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Correct.

But again powerlines are not great for maintaining a decent stable connection. 

0 Kudos