cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed - M350 package

Keiranj91
Joining in

Hello I have got the m350 package, I'm not getting no where near the promised speeds, I get like 70 down and 24 up on wireless and not much better on the wired. I was promised up to 400

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

17 REPLIES 17

@Keiranj91 wrote:

Theres no way for me to get a wired connection straight into to modem as I don't have a laptop or anything, I'll see if I can lend a friend's just to test the speed, but what's confusing me is why am I only getting such slow speeds through wifi aswell. Surely it would be alot faster than what I'm getting. I got better speeds through WiFi with my previous provider and it was only ee broadband 

It doesn't matter what device you use for the above test, it will always show the speed you are getting directly to your HUB on the left.

Edit: So you are getting full speed to your HUB (Just seen your image), so it's your devices that's the limitation.

Edit 2: you need to connect to your HUB on 192.168.0.1, login, and review the 'Connected Devices' section. This will show the connected speed of your wireless devices, and expected around 2/3 to 3/4 of the connected speed as a rough guide on the expected download speed.

Thanks for the information Carl. I just need to work out how to get a cable from my hub to my pc now then 😮💨

@Keiranj91 wrote:

Thanks for the information Carl. I just need to work out how to get a cable from my hub to my pc now then 😮💨

What model are the powerline adapters?

TP Link - PA4010

The Realspeed test shows your account as 1000x50 , but the Hub's figures look more like M350.

Have you upgraded to Gig 1 recently but not re-started the Hub to apply the speed increase ?

It is also odd that the Realspeed test did not report results for all of the tests.

PA4010 - that is AV600 - 85Mb/s is good for a device with a 100Mb/s ports.

Not upgraded to anything mate as it was only installed yesterday. Ahh so the adapters arnt even capable of taking them sort of speeds anyways I didn't know that. I'll have to upgrade them 

@Keiranj91 wrote:

Not upgraded to anything mate as it was only installed yesterday. Ahh so the adapters arnt even capable of taking them sort of speeds anyways I didn't know that. I'll have to upgrade them 

Yes, you'll need adapters that have 1Gbps Ethernet ports.

You cannot guarantee they will provide faster speeds, however the ones you have now are probably being limited by the Ethernet ports.

Yeah it's worth a shot though 👍thanks mate