Menu
manj_dosanjh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speed Issues After Upgrading

Hi, I recently upgraded to the full package. My speed went from 350 to 500. I used to get 2G – 150/200 and 5G - 300/350 – Wired 300/350. I know get 2G – 30/50 and 5G – 200/250 – Wired 200/275. Why on earth after upgrading has my speed got less??? I tried all the usual stuff, off and on, full reset, extender sent to me also and usual signals sent. Spoke to a horrendous your over the phone tech… to be told… wait for it… there is nothing I can do about it and a tech will not be sent… that’s all his diagnostics would allow to do… what the hell kind of service is that! Please help!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Issues After Upgrading

Hi manj_dosanjh, 

Thanks for your post, and sorry to hear you've been having some issues with the speeds since the upgrade.

I've run a health check on the equipment and need a few more details from you, I've sent you over a private message (little purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Get back to me when you can,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
manj_dosanjh
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I have done.

0 Kudos
johnboy1948
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ,

I am in the same position as you since I upgraded and again like you when you speak to VM they cant help and it seems there advice is to hang on there it will improve , so the only conclusion you can make is that the roll out to 500 Mbps was premature and there promises as of now cant be kept at this point in time.

0 Kudos
manj_dosanjh
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

But it doesn't make sense does it? The worst case is it stays the same right? But to go backwards makes no sense?!?

0 Kudos