Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed...AGAIN

I'm on a tariff that is aimed at up to 100mb/s download... I tested my speed today mid morning and it was on the first go 8.1 and the second go an hour later 7.4.... Now, I notice that Virgin guarantees 55Mb/s or thereabouts.  I've checked with the Virgin website and there are no reported issues in my area.  I tried switching the hub off for ten minutes and then back on, so it's not that.  I think I should get a refund for this month of my broadband charges

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed...AGAIN

Wired or wireless?

Refunds are for the days/hours where an outage occurs not entire months. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wireless.  But if a speed of 50 odd MB/S is promised and that promise fails, then they are reneging on that promise.  I should renege on my £33!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the speed test is only guaranteed for a wired connection not wireless

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgins speed guarantee is for the speed delivered to the hub only not the speed you get on your internal devices. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the response.  As expected, it's nothing more than a big cop out. I'll be binning Virgin as soon as I can. 

0 Kudos